|DPx HEST/F Shred
The DPx HEST/F Shred is a HEST folder that does not require a special tool for adjusting the pivot screw or removing the clip. This folder also uses Sleipner steel instead of D2. Sleipner is a fine grain tool steel with greater edge retention and increased resistance to chipping than D2 and provides excellent wear resistance. It is the same steel used in commercial meat processing blades due its ability to retain sharpness after hours of cutting. The blade is mated to a black TiCN PVD coated, U.S. made, titanium alloy frame with a durable American shred carbon fiber scale assembled by the craftsmen at LionSteel in Northern Italy. The HEST/F Shred includes other modifications such as a tungsten carbide glass breaker, a "combat" pocket clip that adds additional strength to the lock bar, and a newly-designed single spoke RotoBlock for ease of use.
- Matte black TiCN PVD coated then tumbled Sleipner steel blade
- Matte black TiCN PVD coated then tumbled 6Al4V grade 5 titanium alloy frame lock
- Matte black TiCN PVD coated then tumbled combat pocket clip with Mr. DP logo
- 7/64" sockets in RotoBlock and pivot screw
- Tungsten carbide glass breaker with hex base and round replacement screw if needed
- Patented LionSTEEL RotoBlock system with new single spoke design and 7/64" hex socket
- American shred carbon fiber scale
- 1/4" hex socket driver
- Wire strippers jimping
- Thumb grip/bottle opener on blade
- Blade length: 3.15"
- Blade thickness: 0.19"
- Cutting edge: 3"
- Closed length: 4.25"
- Overall length: 7.63"
- Handle thickness: 0.56"
- Weight: 4.75 oz
- Handmade by LionSteel in Italy