|DPx Gear : HEST/F 2.0
The DPx HEST/F 2.0 is a German D2 tool steel folder mated to a U.S. made titanium alloy frame with a durable American G10 scale assembled by the craftsmen at LionSTEEL? in Northern Italy.
The HEST/F was developed as the direct folding version of the HEST fixed blade knife and was dubbed the 2.0 because there were a number of significant modifications made to the original design of this brutal use folder.
The goal was to increase strength without adding weight and to directly address concerns about ease of opening, strength of lockup and usability. Patents Pending.
The knife boasts the following features:
- Blade is German D2 tool steel polished then milspec phosphate coated
- Tumble finish 6AL4V Grade 5 titanium alloy frame and spring frame lock
- Patented LionSTEEL RotoBlock? system
- American-made G10 handle scale
- Removable stainless steel clip and glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw) with integrated lanyard attachment
- 1/4" hex driver
- Unique wire stripper, jimping and hard lashing points
- Thumb grip/bottle opener
Open length: 7.63"
Closed length: 4.93"
Cutting edge: 3.10"
Titanium alloy frame thickness: 0.165"
G10 scale thickness: 0.165"
Sheath Description: Pocket Clip
Weight: 4.98 ounces / 139 grams
LIFETIME WARRANTY BY DPX GEAR INC.
Knife includes a unique, collectible Mr. DPáskull adjustment tool which is used to adjust the pivot tension and remove/replace ace the glass breaker screw with an included flat screw. á
The tool may also be used as a handy EDC by itself.