The DPx H?E?S?T or Hostile Environment Survival Tool?
is the knife that started it all... the original, brutal-use everyday carry fixed survival blade. Made in America, used worldwide. DPx is now returning the knife to its original manufacturer, Shon Rowen and Micro Tool.
The DPx HEST Original changed the way professionals think of a survival blade. It had to be with you to be useful, and it couldn't fail when deployed. The HEST features an "over built" blade crafted from high-carbon 1095 hardened and tempered steel that delivers a 57-58 Rockwell hardness. A material that stands up to abuse and still takes quick strops in the field.
The HEST concept was created by adventurer Robert Young Pelton who applied his time in three dozen conflicts and adventures through more than 120 countries to come up with the perfect balance of concealability, utility and fail-safe operation in an innovative blade. You will find every aspect of the DPx HEST thought out: the balance, lashing points, thumb control, wire breaker and even the ability to remove the hollow Micarta? handles for use as a neck knife. The H?E?S?T comes with a KYDEX sheath, paracord and cord lock, belt clip kit, handle removal washer, pry bar, brass screws, and a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty that customers have come to expect from DPx Gear. Patent Pending. Features
- OG Green textured powder coating
- Blade is high carbon 1095 hardened and tempered steel with Rockwell hardness of 57-58
- Brass hardware
- Pry bar, lashing points, wire breaker, bottle opener/lifter/thumb control point
- Tan canvas Micarta scales with storage area
- Designed to be used as a neck knife by removing scales
- Black kydex sheath with optional belt clip
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton
- Made in America by Shon Rowen in Idaho Falls, ID
- Lifetime warranty