|DPx HEST 6 Milspec
DPx HEST 6 Milspec. A knife that is virtually indestructible even in the most demanding survival situations. Built to get you home alive, the DPx HEST 6 is your ticket out of adversity. It's the last survival knife you'll buy and is a hard working blade that is ideal for military and rugged outdoor pursuits. Ideal for both the demands of bushcraft and wilderness survival use, the HEST 6 Milspec also comes into play as a self defense weapon and edged tool.
Made to be hammered, abused, and stressed to its limits, the blade will stay razor sharp though extended use, requiring only minor strop. The ergonomic American G10 laminate handle scales with ergonomic grips conceal a cavity for fire starter, fishhooks, and other survival gear. The hollow handle gives the knife a forward balance point that makes cutting, chopping, and hacking less fatiguing.
The 6" sword-grind blade is machined from German Uddeholm Niolox niobium-enhanced stainless tool steel tempered to a Rockwell hardness index of 59. The ultimate combination of cutting tooth, strength and durability. The knife also features unique jimping on the spine and a striker / bone cracker / pry bar on the pommel.
The DPx HEST 6 Milspec comes in a black, MOLLE-compatible Cordura sheath with an extra storage compartment.???????
- Stonewashed Niolox tool steel blade with 59 HRC
- American black G10 glass epoxy laminate scales
- Unique wire stripper jimping in three most common wire gauges
- Striker pommel with prybar and lanyard hole
- Cordura MOLLE-compatible sheath with storage pocket for firestarter and sharpener
- Hollow handle for emergency storage of survival items
- Manufactured by LionSTEEL? in Maniago, Italy
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton in the USA
- Used by NSW SERE instructors
- Blade Length: 6.00" (152 mm)?
- Blade Thickness: 0.20" (5.1 mm)
- Blade Steel:?German Uddeholm Niolox Stainless Steel, 59HRC
- Overall Length: 11.18" (284 mm)?
- Weight: 10.23 oz. (290 g)
- Handle Material: Grooved, Textured G10 Scales
- Sheath Material: Black Cordura
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton
- Hand-made by Lion Steel in Maniago, Northern Italy